Now before you go thinking that we own a vicious dog, keep in mind that Khaos is a rowdy puppy and Butch is a grumpy dog who on most days & occasions isn't a big fan of his annoying little brother.
On Tuesday night I was in the kitchen and I heard the usual "Woo-Woo" coming from Khaos. No big deal. I knew from the sound that he was tormenting Butch like usual. APPARENTLY Butch had a gutfull of his annoying little brother .....
A minute or two later, Khaos came walking into the kitchen and I notice he has a gouge taken out of him. I called Kyle at work & he said he would be right home to look at it. In the mean time I took a couple of pictures.

I thought the wound looked ugly, but I didn't think it was going to be THAT bad. Kyle got home and said, "I think you should take him to get it looked at." I didn't think it was a huge emergency, but eh, I didn't have anything else to do while my husband was at work ....... so off we go to the Pet E.R.
The really nice vet explained to me that when dogs bite, they bite and PULL, pulling the skin away from all the tissues inside. Which creates an air pocket, which then creates fluid. I know, gross. So they had to sedate him, put in a drain and give him stitches.
Let me just tell you something. This was the hardest thing as a Mother that I've ever had to do! My poor little boy was so miserable that first night, thank goodness I have a very strong & understanding husband, I wouldn't have made it through that awful night without him!
Here is what the end result looks like. The white thing sticking out is the drain, it's about 7 inches long, and he had to get 6 stitches.
Butch was so worried about him and wouldn't leave his side for the first 2 days. See? He does love his brother!
Okay. Last thing. Notice the beautiful head of hair my husband has in the above picture. He had set his own personal goal at work to reach. He had been telling me for months that if he reached his goal he was shaving his head. It's gonna take me a little bit to get used to!
I am so proud of you husband! You're gonna do great at your newest assignment, they couldn't have picked a better person for the job!

9 comments:
That is so sad, I hope everything heals OK. By the way Butch is one HoT looking Beagle, he must have come from so cute parents!!!
That's quite a bite! I hope everything is healing quickly. How are you? I hope you're doing great! You need to put some pics of you up on this blog too!
Poor Khaos!! :( YAY Kyle!!
So sad, I feel your pain :) They are like kids, obviously because we don't have any so they fill that void for now. Hope he gets better!
First, poor Khoas, Second, what new assignment ?
Oh your poor puppy! I'm glad you got it looked at, yikes! Hope you and your husband are doing well! =)
Oh poor things!!
Shanalee! Hey I am new to the Blog thing and didn't even know you commented on my blog until tonight. It was so good to see you too and I am so glad you help take care of Karin. We just got back from Idaho it was fun and stressful. Your blog is so cute. I still need to work on figuring everything out. Cameron always complains because he does more on it than I do. Keep in touch
Camille
Thank you for the comment, you are so nice! We are getting married at Millenial Falls in Draper
Post a Comment